Wednesday 19 March 2014

Video Game Muck-Around: Far Cry 3 Map Editor/ Playing-God Simulator.

Far Cry 3 is a fun game. Far Cry 3's map editor is also incredibly fun.

As I recall, Far Cry 2 had a similar editor and it literally gives you a massive chunk of land to build on. Naturally, the map editor becomes more fun is you play it with friends and even more fun if alcohol is involved.

I mean, I've never done that. But that's what I'm told.



So the first thing I do is make one hostile NPC with a knife and five allied bartenders with knives.

I put them on the edge of a cliff and play the map after turning on invulnerability and invisibility, so nobody has a pop at me.

It's pretty cool, three bartenders survive and the bad dude is dead.

 
Eh, it's not that cool. It's quite boring actually. So I shot all the bartenders for boring me. Then I moved all five NPC's to and incredibly large ledge and made them fight again.
 
This time, two of them fell off.
 
It was fun watching them fall down, but what if I put loads of explosives at the bottom?
 
 

AHAHA. The corpse hits the barrels and everything goes boom.

I did this for an hour or two. Then I went full on Jigsaw from Saw octilogy.


 
"Hello Generic Villager NPC. I want to play a game. Currently, you are standing on a metric fuckton of explosive fuel."
 
 


"I have edited in a car that is going to travel quickly down a slope and will eventually hit the explosives, blowing you up. Can you get out in time? Let the games begin, generic villager NPC."


Naturally, he didn't. And got blown miles skyward. It was the best.

After that I made several Molotov enemies fight other Molotov allies whilst surrounded with explosive barrels. Then I put one NPC around five hundred kerosene tanks that would straight-up rocket into him when I sniped a hole in them and leave him sprawling.

Oh god, it was the best.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment